From the article: Gifts for Quilters
Make a list, check it twice, and it doesn't matter if you're naughty or nice. We're talking the sky's the limit here. Which tools, equipment, furniture (anything quilty is fair game) would make the final cut to stay on your ultimate list of gifts for quilters? What Would You Like?
What would I like for Christmas
- A purpose built quilting/embroidery machine so I don't get frustrated when sewing quilts and a sewing room that isn't a spare grandchilds room, so I don't have to put everything away at the weekends out of the reach of little fingers.
- —Guest Catherine Bell
Cards, Cards and More Cards
- I would like to find lots and lots of Gift Cards to local fabric shops.
- —Guest Pat Knight
What I want for Christmas
- One year I asked my husband for one yard of fabric every month, and he had to go to a different store with me for each one, and he had to pick it out himself. Welcome to MY world!
- —Guest Margaret
Desperately wishing . . .
- . . . for the courage to use my new embroidery/sewing machine. It's been sitting in my sewing room for 45 days. Every weekend I promise myself I will dive in, but it hasn't happened yet. :-(
- —Guest Quilting Karen
under the Christmas tree
- I'd like a bolt of muslin and a case of off-white and neutral thread!
- —Guest redworker2002
My Long Time Christmas Wish
- I would love to find a Handy Quilter 16 under (or beside) my tree. I have a lot of large projects that need to be quilted and don't like to pay someone to do it.
- —Guest mommamaida
- I would love to have templets of all sizes and shapes. I love large blocks, and templets help so much.
- —Guest Hilary
A new sewing machine
- I would love a new Bernina Sewing Machine that is especially made for quilters! An Aurora QE (quilters edition) would be an awesome gift. If that's out of the price range, a gift certificate for quilting fabric!
- —Guest Lacrosse3mom
- Mine would be something that would magically topstitch and finish my quilts. I make a lot of quilts and donate them to the local children's cancer hospital out here and that would help a lot.
- —Guest bcbens
The Ultimate Quilting Gift?
- What would the ultimate quilting gift be for me? The ultimate sewing room!
- MORE time would be a blessing. MORE persistance. At this point, I've come to realize that I'm a very "strong starter", bubbling over with "what if" notions & concepts...Once I've figured out HOW-TO, I often get a "good start" & then am distracted by another concept or project, or go back to finish something else...sort of 'fits & starts'...MORE self discipline, so that I can take a project from A-Z, without letting it "age". I have More than a lifetime's quantity of fabric in a well-lit, well-organized, dedicated sewing room, I NEED MORE TIME, PERSISTANCE & SELF-DISCIPLINE. Please Santa, can you help?
Good Vibrations Quilter
- I want to be able to listen to my favorite music and quilt on a new Bernina machine. And some lessons so that I can use all the beautiful fabrics I am aquiring a dab at a time. And more quilt shows so that I have lots of inspiration.
- —Guest Terry Chandler
I'd like an Accuquilt cutter
- My ultimate gift would be an Accuquilt cutter. I am a newby to quilting and I fight the rotary cutter, plus the beginning of arthritis, it would make life so much better.
- —Guest Ruth
My Christmas wish
- I have space enough, machines enough, thread enough, gadgets enough, just need more fabric and Christmas Joy sent to all of our service members and their families.
- —Guest mamaflatt
Time, time, and more time.
- All I would like for Christmas is lots of time to spend sorting threw my stash, cutting out more quilts, and hours sewing.
- —Guest Patricia
1-15 of 156Next