Name of Your Quilting Blog
Blog address (such as: http://quilting.about.com)
Is your blog commercial, or for fun?
Fun of course!
When did you begin blogging?
About 2 years ago
Tell Us About Your Blog
HummingBirdQuilter is all about having fun with quilting. I am a quilt addict and love to share tips and techniques as well as the fun of quilting with friends. Many of my posts are about quilting while traveling in our RV and the tips to make quilting even more enjoyable.
Your Favorite Aspects of Quilting
Hand applique has to be my favorite technique. I think that needle-turn applique has unfortunately gotten a bad 'rap'. I guess I was lucky to have been taught the easy technique by a very talented teacher. And I fell in love with it.
Now I just love the way the fabric easily turns under with just a bit of nudging from the needle. It makes a quilting project truly portable, whether that be quilting on the deck on a lazy summer afternoon or in the car on a road trip.
I am never without an applique project that I can take along with me!
- Post at least 3 to 4 times a week
- Incorporate detailed pictures in each post. 'A picture is worth a thousand words.'
- Keep posts succinct and relevant to your subject. Get to the point quickly.
- Draw readers attention 'in' with a catchy title to your post
- The first paragraph should make them want to read further.
- Make sure to check spelling and grammar.