Date of purchase:2007
Machine Brand and Model
I love this sewing machine! If you want a workhorse to do fast straight sewing, this is it. I oil it often (probably too much) and I find it just keeps on going and going. I use it for paper piecing and regular piecing and it goes fast and straight. There is not much that can go wrong with the machine and when something doesn't work, it's always me, not the machine.
It has an automatic threader. I broke it immediately (I have three machines and can't use the automatic threader on any of them, so it's not the fault of the Juki.)
It's great to take to retreats, because it's fairly light and easy to transport.
Just so you know:
1. It doesn't have a 1/4 inch foot, so I make do.
2. It doesn't regulate stitches, so I don't use it for machine quilting very often.
3. No fancy stitches, no embroidery, no zig-zag, although it does have a buttonhole foot.
4. It's not for new sewers. There are very minimal directions, a few pictures.
5. There is no local dealer. The dealer is in Utah, and they are always helpful, but I would hate to think what would happen if something serious broke.
All this aside, I wouldn't trade it for anything.