Assemble the Single Chain and Knot Quilt BlocksAssemble the Four-Patch Units for Corners
- Refer to the corners of the block in drawing. Sew two of the small light/purple segments together to create a four-patch unit, unlike colors across from each other as shown. Press. Repeat to assemble a total of 124 identical four-patch units.
- Sew a four-patch unit to each end of 62 light/green segments (top and bottom rows, left illustration). Press seam allowances away from the four-patch units.
- Now refer to the center of the left block illustration (2 types of purple/gold segments). Sew the three purple/gold segments together. Press seam allowances away from the center row.
- Sew the light/green vertically oriented segments to the sides of the gold/purple block center you just created. Press seam allowances towards the gold/purple strips.
- Sew the top and bottom rows to the quilt block's center section. Press seam allowances away from the four-patch units. The quilt block should measure 10-1/2" x 10-1/2".
- Make 31 Single Chain and Knot quilt blocks.