Pinwheel Variation Quilt Block PatternDraw a diagonal line from one corner to the opposite corner on the reverse side of each light green 2-7/8" square and pink 2-7/8" square.
Group the following 2-7/8" x 2-7/8" squares:
- 100 Dark green with an equal number of light green
- 50 pink with an equal number of dark purple
- 50 light green with an equal number of dark purple
Assemble Half-Square Triangle Units
- Pair contrasting squares in each group right sides together, matching edges carefully. Using the easy sandwich method, sew each pair together and then cut apart to create half-square triangle units.
- When complete, you should have a total of 400 half-square triangle units, each measuring 2-1/2" x 2-1/2":
200 dark green/light green
100 pink/dark purple
100 light green/dark purple
- Sew the units together into (100) groups of four as shown, upper left illustration.
- Arrange four groups of four as shown, upper right, flipping units around as illustrated. Sew into two rows, lower left.
- Sew the two rows together to make a quilt block that measures 8-1/2" square.
- Make a total of 25 pinwheel quilt blocks.