Arrange the Quilt Components
- Gather all pieces for the quilt except borders. Arrange in groups as shown in the illustration above.
- Sew units within each group together in rows. Press seams in adjoining rows in opposite directions then sew rows together.
- Sew the vertical columns to the left and right sides of the center medallion.
- Sew the top and bottom horizontal sections to the quilt. Press.
Sew Quilt Borders
Refer to Sewing Straight Borders to cut and sew borders to the quilt.
- Inner Medium: cut 1-1/2" wide strips
- Center Dark: cut 1-1/4" wide strips
- Outer Medium: cut 2-1/2" wide strips
Finishing the QuiltSandwich the top with batting and backing and quilt. Bind the quilt and add a hanging sleeve if desired.