Joyous Celebration Star Quilt PatternFinished Star and Snowball Quilt Blocks: 4" square
Finished Quilt Size: 29-1/2" square
I chose a Christmas theme for this small star quilt, but it's easy to vary the fabrics to make it suit your own needs. The light fabric that is used as a background for the star blocks blends with the pictorial fabric placed inside the snowball blocks, giving the snowballs an on-point appearance even though they are sewn side by sewn in an easy straight setting.
Quilting FabricsStar Blocks
- Dark star points, 1/4 yard
- Block centers, 1/8 yard
- Light background, 1/4 yard
- Block centers, 3/8 yard
- Corners, 1/8 yard
- Inner, 1/8 yard
- Outer, 5/8 yard
- Backing, 1 yard
- Batting, 34" x 34" (approx.)
- Quilt Binding, 130"
Cutting Chart13 Star blocks
- Star centers, cut thirteen 2-1/2" squares
- Background corners, cut fifty-two 1-1/2" squares
- Make 104 half square triangle units using method of your choice. Unit unfinished size is 1-1/2" square.
12 Snowball Blocks
- Centers, cut twelve 4-1/2" squares
- Corners, cut forty-eight 1-1/2" squares
- Cut four 1-1/2" x 42" crosswise grain strips
- Cut four 4" x 42" crosswise grain strips