The Dutchman's Puzzle quilt block is assembled with eight quick-pieced Flying Geese units that are sewn together in a pinwheel-like fashion.
Choosing Fabrics for Your Dutchman's Puzzle Quilt BlocksBackground: White-on-White (WOW)
Geese triangles: Two coordinating bright fabrics
Fabric selection Tips:
- Choose two bright fabrics that are distinct from one another, but work nicely together.
- Create contrast between the two fabrics in different ways: from color, scale or design, or a combination of those characteristics.
- Don't worry about color value.
- Example 1: If you choose one fabric that is a large scale multicolor print, try a second that's a tone-on-tone small scale print in one of the colors from your first fabric.
- Example 2: pull out a bright, busy novelty print from your stash and combine it with something less busy. Fabrics should compliment each other, not compete for attention.
- Example 3: Try combining a bright pink floral tone-on-tone with a geometric fabric in a similar color
- Example 4: Combine two fabrics with similar scale and design characteristics, but in contrasting colors -- like bright lime and bright aqua.
You'll find Dutchman's Puzzle assembly instructions on page 2.