Black and White Darting Birds Against a Blue SkyThis version of the Darting Birds quilt block was used for a (now finished) Quilting Forum swap. Change the fabrics in any way you like.
Finished Darting Birds Quilt Block: 6" square
Darting Birds Fabric Choices
For each block, you'll need only two fabrics:
- One blue tone-on-tone print (or batik or hand dye) that is a believable SKY blue color for the background; this fabric should contain blues only.
- One black and white print for the bird's body; this fabric should contain no other colors -- black and white only
If you are making multiple blocks, each block must contain a unique combination of black and white and blue fabrics. You can repeat fabrics as long as each combination is unique.
Cutting Chart for One Darting Birds Quilt BlockSky Blue:
- (6) 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" squares
Black and White Print:
- (3) 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" squares
- (2) 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" rectangles