Make Darting Birds Flying in a Blue Sky
This version of the Darting Birds quilt block was used for a past Quilting Forum swap. Change the fabrics in any way you like.
See a complete Darting Birds baby quilt pattern, but substitute the colors in this block pattern to make the quilt above.
Finished Darting Birds Quilt Block: 6" square
Darting Birds Fabric Choices
For each block, you'll need only two fabrics:
- One blue tone-on-tone print (or batik or hand dye) that is a believable SKY blue color for the background; this fabric should contain blues only.
- One black and white print for the bird's body; this fabric should contain no other colors -- black and white only
If you are making multiple blocks, each block should contain a unique combination of black and white and blue fabrics. Repeat fabrics as long as each combination is unique. (Those were swap guidelines... change as desired.)
Cutting Chart for One Darting Birds Quilt BlockSky Blue:
- (6) 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" squares
Black and White Print:
- (3) 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" squares
- (2) 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" rectangles