Cut Setting Squares and Triangles
- Cut four 5" x 5" setting squares to sew between the double nine patch quilt blocks.
- Cut two 7-5/8" x 7-5/8" squares. Cut each square in half twice diagonally to use as setting triangles along the quilt's top, bottom and sides.
- Cut two 4-1/8" x 4-1/8" squares. Cut each square in half once diagonally to use as corner triangles.
Learn about setting triangles
Create the Miniature Quilt's Layout
- Arrange the blocks and setting triangles into diagonal rows as illustrated. Sew components of each diagonal row together. Press seam allowances towards the setting components -- there's no need to trim these allowances.
- Sew the rows together. Trim seam allowances slightly if necessary to reduce bulk. Press.
- Add the corner triangles and press seam allowances towards the corners.
Add BordersSee my instructions for straight borders before you begin. Be sure to follow instructions. Do not measure the length of quilt sides when determining border lengths.
- Make inner borders from 1-1/2" wide strips. Press seam allowances towards borders.
- Add outer borders using 3-1/2" wide strips. Press seam allowances towards new borders.