Table Runner Pattern Options
- Make the table runner suit any theme by choosing different fabrics.
- Eliminate one block to make a table runner that's about 51" long (and cut one fewer large red square used to cut setting triangles.)
- Make the table runner wider and/or longer by adding additional borders.
- To increase width without altering length, sew an additional border across the table runner's top and bottom before adding the outer side borders, either next to the narrow border or at the edges of the runner. A border print would work nicely in that position.
Finished Block Size: 10" Square
Finished Table Runner Size: About 22-1/2" x 65"
Fabrics and Other MaterialsFloral for block centers and outer border:
- 1-5/8 yards if you prefer lengthwise grain borders (you will have leftovers), or
- 5/8 yard for pieced crosswise grain borders
Green plaid for blocks and inner border:
- 1/2 yard
Light neutral print for blocks:
- 1/4 yard
Deep rosy red for setting triangles:
- 3/4 yard
Backing and (optional, thin) batting: you could use flannel
- About 26" x 70" each
- About 195 running inches of doublefold binding (binding strip instructions)