Christmas Table Runner PatternThis Christmas table runner is made from four patchwork blocks placed on point and surrounded by rosy red setting triangles. A narrow inner border repeats the plaid fabric used in the strip pieced units of blocks, and a wider outer border is made from the same fabric used at block centers.
Table Runner Options
- You can make this table runner pattern suit any season or theme by simply altering its fabrics.
- Eliminate one block to make a table runner that's about 51" long. (You won't need one of the large red squares used to cut setting triangles.)
- Make the table runner wider and longer by sewing additional borders.
- To increase width without altering length, sew an additional border across the table runner's top and bottom before adding the outer side borders (either next to the narrow border or at the edges of the runner). A border print might be perfect in that position.
Finished Block Size: 10" Square
Finished Table Runner Size: About 22-1/2" x 65"
Fabrics and Other MaterialsFloral for block centers and outer border:
- 1-5/8 yards if you prefer lengthwise grain borders (you will have leftovers), or
- 5/8 yard for pieced crosswise grain borders
Green plaid for blocks and inner border:
- 1/2 yard
Light neutral print for blocks:
- 1/4 yard
Deep rosy red for setting triangles:
- 3/4 yard
Backing and (optional thin) batting:
- About 26" x 70" each
- About 195 running inches of doublefold binding (binding strip instructions)