Position and Pin the Dark Fabrics
- Position a dark folded unit so that its center opening is aligned with the line created by the center opening on one of the pinned medium units. Position the new unit so that about 3/8" of the medium unit below it is visible. (upper left photo)
- Repeat by pinning another dark unit directly across from the first, leaving the same width of medium fabric showing. (upper right photo)
- Now move in either direction, midway between the two dark units and repeat, and then pin the fourth dark unit directly across from the third.
- It's time to add four more dark units to the ball. They will lie over the edges of the dark units you just pinned. Align and pin one of the units, the straight line of its opening aligned with a straight line created between two light units. (an overlapped unit is shown at top of the lower left photo)
- Add a second dark unit directly across from the unit you just pinned. Next, align and pin the remaining two dark units.
- Repeat to add the remaining eight dark units to the other side of the ball.