String quilts are assembled by sewing fabric strips to a foundation. It's pretty much a freehand foundation piecing technique, and you can configure the strips in any way you like.
Take a look at pictures of string quilts and crumb quilts made by members of the online quilting community.
- String Wedding QuiltString Quilts
- String QuiltString Quilts
- Scrappy String QuiltString Quilts
- Autumn String QuiltString Quilts
- Sognando il SerengetiString Quilts
- Black & White String QuiltString Quilts
- Sashing As You Go String QuiltScrap Quilts
- Darlene's QuiltQuilts
- Rain on my Windowpane Quiltstring quilt
- Strip Mining QuiltString Quilt
- Wedding Diamond QuiltString Quilt
- Peach QuiltString Quilt