Make the Tall Jar Quilt BlockUse a 1/4" seam allowance to assemble the quilt block, placing units right sides together for sewing and matching raw edges carefully. Use straight pins to hold patches together if it helps you keep them aligned.
- Make the tall jar body by sewing a small green square to each corner of the bug jar novelty print. Use the easy Snowball tips method to sew the squares to the jar unit, just like we did for the short bug jar.
- Sew a 2" x 8" green strip to each long side of the jar body. Press seam allowances towards the outer strips.
- Sew a 2" x 8-1/2" green strip to the bottom of the Step 2 unit.
- Sew a short green strip to each side of the black jar lid strip as shown. Press seam allowance towards the black cap.
- Sew a 2" x 8-1/2" green strip lengthwise to the top of the jar lid unit. Press seam allowance towards the top strip.
- Sew the top/lid unit to the top of the jar quilt block. Press seam allowance towards the jar lid unit.
Your completed jar block should measure 8-1/2" x 12-1/2". If your block is smaller than it should be, or skewed, press again and recheck. If it still isn't quite right, use my easy squaring-up method before sewing it to other blocks.