School Girl's Puzzle Quilt BlockSchool Girl's Puzzle is a traditional patchwork quilt block. Change its appearance in any way you like by altering the placement of color and color value within its patches.
Refer to pages 3 and 4 for examples of two School Girl's Puzzle quilt layouts, one with straight set blocks and another with quilt blocks set on point.
The School Girl's Puzzle quilt block is made up of squares and triangles, and most triangles are sewn together using a quick piecing method. Another assembly option would be to use all squares and half square triangle units for the block, but doing that would break up the flow of fabric in the larger triangles, shown here in green.
Finished quilt block: 12" x 12"
Quilting Fabrics and Cutting InstructionsGreen print:
- (1) 6-7/8" x 6-7/8" square cut in half once diagonally
- (1) 3-7/8" x 3-7/8" square
- (4) 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" squares
- (2) 3-7/8" x 3-7/8" squares
- (5) 3-7/8" x 3-7/8" squares -- cut two of the squares in half once diagonally