It's Time to Sew the King's Crown Quilt Block
- Sew a pink/white triangle (cut from 4-7/8" squares) to one side of the country pink square, matching midpoints carefully (fold each and crease or trim dog ears from triangle for a perfect match).
- Press seam allowance towards the center square.
- Sew a second triangle to the opposite side of the square and press.
- Sew the remaining triangles to the block center.
- Use the half-square triangle easy sandwich method to combine each 2-7/8" white/pink square with a green square of the same size. The result will be (16) units that each measure 2-1/2" x 2-1/2".
- Arrange the block components into three rows as shown. Sew pieces in each row together (you'll need to sew together the narrow, vertical columns in the middle row).
- Join the rows, pressing seam allowances in opposite directions beforehand where possible. Match seam intersections carefully.
- Your block should measure 12-1/2" x 12-1/2".