Quilt Blocks Finish at 6" square
Use the fabrics below to make the Chocolate & Raspberry blocks. To assemble the quilt blocks, refer to the instructions on Page 2 of this pattern.
For each block, you'll need four fabrics: two pinks and two tans or browns. The placement of the four fabrics within the blocks is up to you.
Your pinks and browns should be tone-on-tone (TOT) prints, textural batiks or hand dyes. They can range from pale pinks and tans to dark chocolates and dark raspberries.
If you are making multiple blocks, keep it scrappy by sewing each in a unique combination of four fabrics. Kate, a Forum member, created a chart that shows how to take three pinks and three browns to create nine blocks, each with a unique combination of the four fabrics.
- Block 1 - Pink1, Pink2, Brown1, Brown2
- Block 2 - Pink1, Pink2, Brown1, Brown3
- Block 3 - Pink1, Pink2, Brown2, Brown3
- Block 4 - Pink1, Pink3, Brown1, Brown2
- Block 5 - Pink1, Pink3, Brown1, Brown3
- Block 6 - Pink1, Pink3, Brown2, Brown3
- Block 7 - Pink2, Pink3, Brown1, Brown2
- Block 8 - Pink2, Pink3, Brown1, Brown3
- Block 9 - Pink2, Pink3, Brown2, Brown3
Cutting Chart - One 6-inch Finished BlockDark for Pinwheel: two 2-7/8" x 2-7/8" squares
Lighter for Pinwheel: two 2-7/8" x 2-7/8" squares
Bars in Frame: four 1-1/2" x 4-1/2" bars
Block Corners: Four 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" squares