Make the Christmas Tree BoughsWe'll use the quick Snowball tip method to put background triangles on each end of our tree strips. The steps required to make the strip that forms the top of the tree are illustrated above, in the top row. Triangles are added to the end of all green strips as illustrated.
- Gather your 2-1/2" background squares and your green tree strips.
- Draw a line from one corner to the opposite corner on the reverse side of each square.
- Align a square with the right end of the shortest tree strip as shown in the upper left of the illustration, right sides of the fabrics together. Be sure to position the drawn line as shown.
- Sew a seam directly on the drawn line.
- Trim away the excess fabric, leaving about 1/4" of both layers extending past the seam line as shown. Flip the triangle right side up, pressing the seam allowance either direction.
- Repeat to sew another square to the opposite end of the green strip, positioning the line as shown. Trim and press.
- Repeat to sew tips on the remaining three green strips.