The tree is illustrated with a white background for clarity, but any mottled, tone-on-tone fabric or smallish print will work. Make your trees and background realistic, or choose something entirely whimsical.
The Christmas tree quilt block pattern is perfect for holiday projects, but don't hesitate to use it for any quilt. Try a four seasons wallhanging, sewing the branches and background for each block with fabrics that represent the shift of seasons.
Dress up Your Christmas Tree Quilt BlocksDress up the Christmas Tree blocks by cutting teddy bears, Christmas packages, Christmas stockings and other items from printed fabric. Hand or machine applique the prints to the block, or press them in place with fusible web.
Finished Block Size: 10-inches square
Cutting Chart for One Christmas Tree Quilt BlockTree Branches, Green
- one 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" strip
- one 2-1/2" x 6-1/2" strip
- one 2-1/2" x 8-1/2" strip
- one 2-1/2" x 10-1/2" strip
Tree Trunk, Brown
- one 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" square
- ten 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" squares
- two 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" strips
- two 1-1/2" x 2-1/2" strips
- two 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" strips