Sew Bug Jar Quilt Blocks, Cookie Jars, Candy Jars & MoreMost of the bug jar quilt block patterns I've seen depict tall, quart-sized canning jars. I wanted to design something a bit flattened, with more jar width to accommodate large prints.
The result... a jar in a square that looks a bit like an old fashioned pickle jar. Fill your jar quilt blocks with candy, flowers, bugs, cookies... any theme that suits your quilt.
Finished block size: 12" x 12"
Use any background you like. Black is pretty effective for many prints and can make the jar seem to pop out from the fabric, but another color might work better with your quilting fabrics.
12-inch Jar Quilt Block Cutting ChartJar Contents
- one 8-1/2" x 8-1/2" square
- one 1-5/8" x 5-1/2" bar
- Block Top: one 2-1/2" x 12-1/2" bar
- Block Bottom: one 1-1/4" x 12-1/2" bar
- Block Sides: two 2-1/2" x 8-1/2" bars
- Cap Sides: two 1-5/8" x 4" bars
- Jar Corners: four 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" squares