Assemble a Bow Tie Quilt Block
- Draw a line from one corner to the opposite corner on the reverse side of each small Bow Tie square.
- Align a marked Bow Tie square, right sides together, with one corner of a background square.
- Sew a seam directly on the marked line. Trim away excess fabric 1/4" past the seam line.
- Press seam allowance towards the large square.
- Repeat to sew the remaining small Bow Tie square to a corner of the remaining background square.
- Arrange the pieced units and two Bow Tie squares into two rows as shown above. Sew components of each row together and press seam allowances towards the large Bow Tie square.
- Sew the two rows together. Press.