Basket Quilt Block Assembly
- Arrange three medium-light/medium-dark triangle square units into three rows, then place the medium-dark single triangles at the ends of rows as shown above (these triangles are illustrated as somewhat lighter than triangles in half-square triangle units - yours might not be as light, and that's fine). Sew components of each row together.
- Press seam allowances in adjoining rows in opposite directions, then join the rows. Press the new seams toward the lighter triangles.
- Matching all sides carefully, sew the basket base to the pieced unit along the longest edge. If the pieced section is slightly smaller than the base, or is skewed, see if a careful pressing will bring it into shape.
- Sew three light/dark half square triangle units in a vertical row as shown. Press seam allowances toward the darker triangles. Sew the row to the left side of the basket unit, matching seam intersections carefully.
- Sew four light/dark triangle squares in a horizontal row as shown. Attach to the top edge of the base unit, pressing seam allowances in adjoining rows in opposite directions. Be sure to match seam intersections carefully. Press the new unit.