Triangle Units for the Basket Quilt Block
- Pair the seven light background squares with dark squares of the same size. Pair the three medium light squares with three medium dark squares of the same size.
- Use my scrappy quick pieced triangle square method to sew then cut apart each pair, producing 20 triangle square units.
- Cut each of the three remaining 3 7/8" medium-dark squares in half once diagonally to produce six half square triangles.
- Cut the 9-7/8" basket base square in half once diagonally, then do the same with the dark basket leg squares.
- Cut the 6-7/8" light background square in half once diagonally.