Finish the All Hallows Quilt BlockWe'll assemble the All Hallows quilt block by sewing its units together into groups before making rows.
When complete, grouped units for the large block should measure 8-1/2" square. Units for the smaller block should measure 4-1/2" square.
Start at the top of the illustration and move downwards.
- Outer midpoint units: Arrange a flying geese unit as shown, with medium/light and light/dark triangle square units under it. Sew the triangle units together and press the seam allowance either way.
- Sew to the bottom of the flying geese unit and press seam allowance towards the flying geese. Make three more.
- Corner units Cut all remaining medium squares in half once diagonally. Sew one of the triangles to the top right side of a light/dark triangle square unit as shown. Press seam allowance towards the medium triangle.
- Sew a medium triangle to the bottom edge of the unit as shown. Press seam allowance towards the triangle.
- Center and sew a dark triangle (cut previously) to the unit you just made. Press the seam allowance towards the dark triangle. Make three more identical units.
- Pinwheel center Sew four medium/dark triangle square units into two rows as shown. Press seams in rows in opposite directions. Join rows.
- Arrange the units into three rows as shown, each row containing three combo units.
- Check placement carefully, and then sew the components of each row together.
- Press (new) seams in adjoining rows in opposite directions. Join the rows, matching seams carefully for a perfect fit.