Goshen Star Quilt Block Pattern
- Pair a yellow 5-7/8" square with a blue square of the same size. Use the easy sandwich method to create two half square triangle units (HSTs) from the pair. When complete, each unit should measure 5-1/2" x 5-1/2".
- Repeat once more to make a total of (4) 5-1/2" x 5-1/2" square HST units. Set aside.
- Gather one of your 2-1/2" x 5-1/2" bars and four 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" red squares. Use the quick pieced flying geese method to sew a square to each corner of the bar; also see the illustration above. Repeat to make four more patchwork bars.
- Arrange your patchwork into three rows as shown. Sew the components of each row together, pressing seam allowances towards the large half square triangle units in the top and bottom row and towards the center square in the middle row.
- Join the rows, butting seams for a perfect match. Press. The quilt block should measure 12-1/2" x 12-1/2".