Assemble the Antique Tile Quilt Block
- Sew the 2-1/2" wide burgundy strip lengthwise to the 2-1/2" wide gold strip. Press seam allowance towards the gold strip.
- Square up one end of the strip set and then cut four 2-1/2" segments from it (see illustration, left).
- Sew the 2-1/2" wide green strip to the 2-1/2" wide light strip. Press seam allowance towards the green strip.
- Square up one end of the strip set (don't remove very much if you're using strips that are just over 18" long). Cut four 4-1/2" segments from the strip (see green and light fabric segments in block mock-up at right).
- Arrange patchwork into three rows as shown in the block mock-up.
- Sew each corner section together -- the 2-1/2" x 4-1/2" burgundy rectangles to the burgundy and gold segments. Press seam allowances away from the burgundy rectangles.
- Now sew the components of each row together. Press new seam allowances in the top and bottom rows towards the center. Press seam allowances in the center row away from the center square.
- Join the rows, butting seam allowance lofts for a perfect match. Press. The block should measure 12-1/2" x 12-1/2".