Birds in the Air Quilt Block Instructions
- Cut (6) 6-7/8" x 6-7/8" squares. Cut each square in half once diagonally and set aside.
- Cut (18) 2-7/8" x 2-7/8" dark pink squares. Cut each in half once diagonally and set aside.
- Cut (18) 2-7/8" x 2-7/8" dark green squares and (18) neutral squares of the same size. Use my easy sandwich method to combine unlike squares in pairs, resulting in (36) half square triangles that each measure 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" when complete.
- Arrange three half-square triangle units and three pink triangles into three rows as shown in the drawing, lower left.
- Sew components of each row together. Press seam allowances in adjoining rows in opposite directions and then sew rows together. Press.
- Center and sew a large green triangle to the longest edge of the unit created in step 5. Press seam allowance towards the large triangle. The Birds in the Air quilt block should measure 6-1/2" x 6-1/2".
- Repeat, making a total of 12 Birds in the Air quilt blocks.