Refer to the illustration to assemble the Odds and Ends quilt block. Arrange units as shown, but don't hesitate to flip some of them around to suit your own tastes.
- Sew a four patch unit to each end of a 6-1/2" bar unit, greens and pinks touching as shown. Press seam allowances towards the bars. Repeat to make another identical unit.
- Make the block center by first assembling two rows from the half square triangle units and plain squares. In each row, sew a half-square triangle unit to a 3-1/2" pink floral square -- pinks in units should touch. Press seam allowances towards the plain squares.
- Sew the center section rows together as shown, with like-units on a diagonal from each other. Press the seam allowance either way.
- Sew a pink/green bar unit to each side of the center unit, positioning colors as shown. Press seam allowances towards the bars.
- Sew the three rows of the block together. Press seam allowances towards the outer two rows.[/ol