Sew Half-Square Triangle UnitsUse the sandwich method to make the following half square triangle units from 2-7/8" squares:
- Combine one yellow square with one navy square to make two yellow/navy units.
- Combine one background square with one navy square to make two background/navy units.
- Combine two background squares with two yellow squares to make four background/yellow units.
- Combine four background squares with four light or medium brown squares to make eight background/brown units.
- Combine four background squares with four green squares to make eight background/green units.
Each of the twenty-four half square triangle units should measure 2-1/2" x 2-1/2".
Make the Four Patch Units
- Use a 1/4" seam allowance to sew the long navy strip lengthwise to the long dark brown strip.
- Square up one end of the strip set and then cut six 2-1/2" long segments from it.
- Sew two segments together to create a four-patch unit, placing like-colors diagonally from each other as shown. Press seam allowance either direction.
- Make two more identical units.