Make Half-Square Triangle UnitsRed / Blue Units=p>
- Use the sandwich method to make four half-square triangle units by combining 4-1/4" x 4-1/4" dark red squares with medium bright blue squares of the same size. Use a scant quarter-inch seam allowance.
- Press seam allowances towards the red triangles.
- Cut each half-square triangle unit in half once diagonally as shown to produce the dual-color, partial quarter-square "starters" The short sides of each unit should be 3-7/8" long. Note that each pair produces mirror image units.
Green / Neutral Units
- Use the sandwich method again to create four half-square triangle units from the 3-7/8" x 3-7/8" green squares and neutral squares. Leave these units intact. Each should measure 3-1/2" square when complete.
- Press seam allowances towards the darker fabric.